Here at Stonewood Grill & Tavern, there’s something delicious cooking—a special menu of summertime favorites!
Our Flavors of the Season menu is chock-full of sizzling seafood, tropical chicken and—yes—even a dessert option that will satisfy your sweet tooth this summer.
Read on to learn more about the new menu offerings, and about the inspiration that went into crafting such unique flavors.
We have Stonewood’s very own Executive Chef Mike Drury to thank for this summer’s amazing seasonal menu. His recent trips throughout the Southeast inspired the tastes and flavors he brought to the menu—from fresh tropical sauces to Southern influences that can’t be beat. Drury tasted the very best that the Southeast region has to offer, and found a way to consolidate those tastes into one especially flavor-packed menu.
Five delicious picks
What kinds of foods did Michael pick for his menu? Only the best! It features…
- Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Appetizer: If you’re looking for a flavorful, Southern-inspired appetizer to share with a friend, the Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Appetizer is a pick you can’t miss. Drury prepares the shrimp with tails intact to preserve flavor, and used peeled shrimp so that you can enjoy the dish with ease. The shrimp is served in a savory mix of herbs and the Cajun seasoning that Louisiana cuisine is known for.
- B. L. T. & E. Crab Stack Salad: For a dish that’s as colorful and visually pleasing as it is delicious, be sure to try this one-of-a-kind Drury creation. The dish includes fresh greens, vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced hard-boiled eggs, hardwood smoked bacon and, of course, perfectly tender lump crab meat. He tops it all off with a homemade Remoulade sauce, basil pesto and balsamic reduction that will balance out the plate and make it one you truly remember.
- Chicken Magnolia: Drury’s Chicken Magnolia is a dish that showcases the best—and freshest—produce the South is known for. The dish features two chicken breasts that have been marinated in herbs and oak grilled to perfection, which are then topped off with a flavorful cantaloupe, honeydew and cucumber salad (featuring mint, jalapeno and craisins). These sweet flavors combine with the spices in the dish’s accompanying rice, beans and grains medley to produce an innovative taste, one that Drury purposefully created using complementary flavors.
- Oak Grilled Citrus Salmon: Drury didn’t have to look far for this light, refreshing Southern dish—in fact, it’s a time-tested Stonewood favorite! He decided to bring back his Oak Grilled Citrus Salmon to this summer’s menu because of how popular it’s been with past guests. It features fresh Atlantic salmon served with a caper citrus vinaigrette, paired with a flavorful (and colorful) medley of sautéed potatoes, Kalamata olives, French green beans, mushrooms and grape tomatoes.
- Limoncello Cake: Finally, for dessert, Drury added a light Limoncello Cake to the mix. It’s a lemon layer cake combined with a smooth Limoncello mousse and lemon glaze you’ll want to try again and again!
An extra-special perk
As a token of appreciation for his loyal guests, Drury included one more extra-special perk on his seasonal menu: a lower price point! Now, enjoying these summertime dishes (both old and new) will be easier than ever.
Whether you love a touch of tropical with your dinner, or simply can’t get enough of hearty Southern dining, we’ve got something for the whole family on our Flavors of the Season menu. Come in and experience it all soon, since our artfully crafted unique seasonal offerings are here for a limited time. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Make tonight extraordinary! Each of our 12 Stonewood locations has its own unique community flair—but they all commit to the same excellence in fine ingredients and kitchen expertise. Find a Location and be sure to Sign Up for our E-Club for news and special offers!